Saturday, August 20, 2011

A Home for my Peacock

This peacock has been haunting my thrifting. It has been weeks and I haven't been able to find a frame for it. I was starting to think I never would...until last saturday. Somehow, the garage sale angel was with me.On my way home from Home Depot, I saw many garage sale signs along the street. Each one screamed,
"Maybe they have THE frame!"
Surprisingly I refrained from stopping at any since I needed to have some time to work on my table. There happened to be a garage sale across the street which didn't look promising but I stopped by anyway. It only took a minute for me to zone in on this mirror. I had found it! Out of all the garage sales and all the searching...what are the chances I would find this treasure across from my own house?
This mirror was so cheap, my eyes almost popped out of my head when the girl told me the price...$15...I literally felt like I was robbing someone. What a steal. Not to mention the fact that I ran this thing home before anyone could change their mind.
Only another week until this beauty is hanging in my new apartment.

1 comment: