Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Refashioned Blazer

I thought it was about time for me to crack out my sewing machine. I haven't done much with it since moving back to California. I needed a small project so I headed to Goodwill where found this Jacket at goodwill for 9 dollars. As soon as a saw it, the wheels in my head started turning. There were many ideas of what to change this baggy piece into but this is what I came up with...I call it the tailored poncho

BEFORE: The Tailored Tent

The two things I loved were the stripes and the kimono sleeves.
AFTER: The Tailored Poncho...I kept the kimono sleeves for a poncho look but took them up a tad so I wasn't drowning.
I cinched the back waist with elastic and took in the side seams to make the blazer a little more feminine.
Lastly, I cut off the sleeves and cinched them as well to tie the whole look together.
There it is, the tailored poncho.

No comments:

Post a Comment