Monday, July 11, 2011

It's All About the 80's

How could anyone turn their back on this?!
Truth is, they CAN'T...Remnants of the 80's are everywhere right now... cropped tops, sun glasses, high waist-ed pants and shorts, even furniture...

I found these chrome chairs at D.I. for $10. They were from the 80's, in outstanding condition, super sturdy, and most of all, comfortable.
They had some cool angles when you looked from the side but I mostly liked how the seat backs were two separate cushions, opposed to just one.
If I hadn't sold them, I would have reupholstered them in fabric like this, by Ty Pennington. I might have even mixed and matched the seats to make them a little more unique from each other.
Bamboo Striped SpiceBamboo Striped Chartreuse

"Thank you everyone, you've been a wonderful crowd. This song is one of my personal favorites, and it goes out to a man who doesn't think he's seen anything good today. Cameron Fry, this is for you."

-Ferris Beuler

No comments:

Post a Comment