Sunday, June 26, 2011

Bay Area Buy


Since I have come to terms with the fact that housing will be robbing us, I'm going to be pinching my pennies and satisfying my buying urge at Goodwill. This is my first find in the Bay Area. It's a mid-century table with 6 chairs...It's not easy to find a good looking set like this, ESPECIALLY in such good condition so I had to buy it. It's totally my style.

Basically all of my furniture is mid-century and from D.I. This furniture addiction all started with my My mother-in-law, Deborah. She taught me the art of bargaining-and it is an ART. In Utah, we'd go to DI and search for hidden treasures-mostly vintage furniture and she would talk them down. I couldn't stop myself from laughing half the time. Mainly because she was so good- TOO good :) To say the least, we found some awesome pieces and took them for pennies.

This was my first time bargaining with-out Momma Steed. To be quite honest, talking someone down makes me uncomfortable so I had to pretend I was her. When I found this table, I realized it was too perfect to pass up. But it was $150. Like I had 150 bucks to give to Goodwill! That was way too much! I walked out of the store. Two seconds later, I walked back in, now in character as Deborah Steed.

To make a long story short I became the happy owner of a beautiful dining set for $105 dollars. I'm sorry but I'm sworn to secrecy on how I did it...Like I can give you ALL my secrets!

1 comment:

  1. The blog looks awesome Rach!! Wish I lived closer so we could thrift and create together! I miss and love you! You are officially added to my blog roll!!

    ReplyDelete