Monday, November 28, 2011

Weekend Restoration

Meet the victim of my new project.
As you might know, I have been itching to finish my project room. (The less imaginative might call it my closet) I've been postponing because I have been waiting for the right desk to come my way. Aka, a free, good looking desk. It's not as easy as one would think to find the perfect project desk. I was ready to custom make one but wood is so expensive. It's lucky I waited because this weekend I found the perfect table hiding in my parents' garage. They scored it from a client who was moving and no longer wanted it. I was happy to take it off their hands.
Of course, it had to be chopped in two. I'll use the large side as my desk,while the other side will sit against the opposite wall and serve as a matching shelf.

This project took about ten minutes and literally consisted of two steps--measure and cut. The last step will be mounting the desk against my closet wall...and maybe adding a little paint.

I'm sure I got my restoration creativity from my dad because he was about to chop the legs shorter and use it to raise the washer and dryer. Luckily, I also got my generosity from him because he let me have the table instead. It would have been a shame to see these little dowels go to waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment