Thursday, November 10, 2011

A Color Fest

We pulled the trigger on the turquoise wall. A turquoise wall would have never happened two years ago. It's not that I would have ever had a problem with painting a wall turquoise but Ben has been fighting for his rights to a bachelor pad since day one. You know, the kind absent of any color.

And look at him now... You should have seen me 3 years ago trying to convince Ben to be a risk taker and register for some vibrant dishes or a funky duvet cover. He cringed when I broke the news to him that one day our whole house would be full of color.
I soon realized that my current method was like the shock you go through each morning when you turn on the lights after a long, dark night...so I decided to take a new approach.

It started with a few orange mugs, next a colorful quilt, an accent chair, some candles...Next thing you know, I've got him smiling about painting a TURQUOISE wall. Can you imagine me being so sneaky?
Little did he know that I had been slowly conditioning him over the last two years.
NOW, You might even catch him saying, "We need some more Rachel in this room."
Translation: "This room needs more color."

No comments:

Post a Comment